From June 7 to August 30, enjoy The National Bank of Indianapolis Summer Nights Film Series presented every Friday night in the IMA’s spectacular outdoor amphitheater. Since the series debut in 1976, the IMA has hosted screenings of films ranging from black-and-white classics to modern hits. Before the film, explore the galleries, gardens, or The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park: 100 Acres, where general admission is always FREE.
I went on June 7th and saw the movie Pillow Talk starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson with a couple of new friends. It was a delightful romantic comedy. Definitely holds up even after all of these years. My favorite scene was a musical selection when they were on a date.
If you’re in Indy you should definitely check out a showing. Take your blankets, lawn chairs, food, drinks(non-alcoholic! Alcoholic drinks will be seized!), and friends! It’s a lot of fun!
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the summer showings at the IMA!
- June 21: Dirty Dancing (1987)
- June 28: National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978)
- July 5: Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- July 12: The King and I (1956)
- July 19: The Exorcist (1973)
- July 26: Notorious (1946)
- August 2 : There’s Something About Mary (1998)
- August 9: Hoosiers (1986)
- August 16: The Big Sleep (1946)
- August 23: Rushmore (1998)
- August 30: John Hughes Vote – The Breakfast Club (1985), Pretty in Pink (1986), or Sixteen Candles (1984)