Today I read a blog post where a nurse revealed the top 5 regrets people make on their deathbed. She worked in nursing for years and these are the ones she heard most.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I am happy to say I won’t be regretting any of those. Maybe number 3, but I’m getting better about expressing my feelings every day. Thanks to my therapist. ^_^ I let myself be happy, I’m great at staying in touch with friends spread across the world, I don’t work hard(for the most part), and I live a life true to myself.
I don’t give an eff what people think. *sigh* I do. I think everyone does to a point, but I don’t let other people affect me so much, that it changes who I am.
Check out the blog here
. The author goes into detail about each regret. Pretty interesting and inspiring.